1. Remove window coverings. Wash or take curtains to dry cleaners. Wash blinds and linens.
2. Clean windows inside and out. Clean any other glass/mirrored items in room. Wipe off outlet covers, light switches and door knobs.
3. Remove everything from the room except large furniture pieces.
4. Dust furniture, tops and sides.
5. Vacuum the room. Slide the furniture enough to clean underneath. Clean any spots on floor.
6. Put back remaining items, cleaning them as you go.
7. Remove everything from closet. Wipe down / vacuum interior.
8. Replace closet contents.
If you're going to spring clean, it's also a great time to organize!Put nothing back in the room unless it's used or loved.
Copyright©Barbara Myers. All right reserved. Barbara Myers is a professional organizer, author and speaker. When planning your next event or needing your personal coach on taking control of your time by organizing your life. For information about Barbara, contact the FrogPond at 800.704.FROG(3764) or email susie@FrogPond.com